Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Valley County Health System (VCHS) has an excellent opportunity available for a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) to join our professional and dedicated Laboratory team! This is a full-time position and includes a call rotation.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities of the MT/MLT are to perform waived, moderate, and highly complex testing in the clinical laboratory in accordance with the philosophy and goals of VCHS.
- Perform moderate and highly complex testing on human specimens within lab procedures to obtain information for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients.
- Obtain specimens for analysis and apply techniques used in the fields of Bacteriology, Hematology, Serology, Blood Bank, Clinical Chemistry, Urinalysis and Coagulation.
- Evaluate results of testing and recording such results in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements to achieve the best quality care.
- Perform required maintenance on all equipment, including maintenance of daily workflow logs, and review documentation of all equipment maintenance procedures.
- Monitor quality control and review equipment needs with the Laboratory Manager.
- Consult with physicians, patients and other Hospital personnel on laboratory tests and results.