Normal Roasting Company is qualified candidates for the open Roastery Assistant position.
Barista's work 15 hours per week, no experience needed. Daytime hours varying the days of the week but will include Friday and/or Saturday each week.
Skills and Qualifications
- Coffee experience not required
- High attention to detail is necessary (not joking)
- Open minded, curious
- Own a smartphone, able to use apps and email
- Ability to work company’s peak hours, such as early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Flexibility to work in coffee shop setting
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Work as part of an engaging, open-minded team (some of us like The Office and others don’t but we still like each other).
- Willingness to continue learning and improving within your position and the company
- Able to walk, bend, lift 35lb, and stand for long periods of time.
- Prepare all packaging for coffee shipments: labeling coffee bags, stamping boxes (aka jam out to whatever music you can dance + stamp to)
- Assist with entire daily coffee packaging process (aka lots of podcast time)
- Assist with end of day and scheduled cleaning processes
- Be flexibile and ready to do what it needed around the shop and roastery
- Report to Head Roaster any needs or issues.