Normal Roasting Company is seeking qualified candidates for their open Barista position. 22-25 hours per week, more during November/December.
Skills and Qualifications
- Coffee experience not required
- Open minded, curious
- Own a smartphone, able to use apps and email
- Ability to work company’s peak hours, such as early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Flexibility to work in coffee shop setting
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Work as part of an engaging, open-minded team (some of us like The Office and others don’t but we still like each other).
- Willingness to continue learning and improving within your position and the company
- Able to walk, bend, lift 35lb, and stand for long periods of time.
- Enthusiastically welcome and engage customers, informing of specials or new items, answer questions, accept orders and payments.
- Expertly prepare beverages and food items and serve to customer.
- Assist customers in selecting bagged coffee and grind if necessary. Answer questions about brewing methods and equipment.
- Clean and restock bar area and seating area, empty trash, sanitize equipment, utensils, and high-touch areas.
- Learn about brewing methods, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve the quality of the customer’s experience.
- Take daily inventory of food items, ingredients, and supplies, and communicate needs to supervisor.
- Able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
- Adhere closely to food safety regulations.
- Report to Head Barista any needs or issues.