The Universal Banker will be cross-trained for both Customer Service and Teller duties. The Universal Banker will provide quality service and develop long- term customer relationships. The Universal Banker will participate in the daily operations of the branch, including assisting customers with account management and providing timely and efficient completion of routine client transactions.
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous bank and customer service experience preferred. Previous sales training preferred. Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed including early mornings, early evenings and Saturdays. Ability to stand on feet continuously throughout the shift and ability to lift coin and supply boxes 10-40 pounds.
Responsibilities & Authority:
A. Duties & Teamwork:
- Perform new account duties which include selling new accounts and advising new and existing customers on all bank services by matching the appropriate bank service to their specific need.
- Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashier’s checks, and redeeming savings bonds.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Promote bank services to customers both over the phone and in person to grow customer relationships
- Respond to customer inquiries or direct customer to appropriate personnel.
- Master knowledge of Bank First’s products and services along with their features and benefits.
- Cross-Sell products and services.
- Deliver quality service within designated authority level.
- Demonstrate cooperation with all departments and serve as a “back-up” as needed at branches.
- Solve customer problems/complaints effectively and efficiently, weighing customer satisfaction with Bank exposure to fraud.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Follow robbery, early morning and opening and closing procedures.
- Continue to reinforce Bank First’s Customer Service culture by practicing the “TOP 8” initiatives, promoting the BankFirst Operating Principles and supporting the practice of these initiatives by other bank employees.
- Complete all product training as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of all Federal and State laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in annual training as warranted by position.
- Develop goals/action plans to enhance Customer Service, Banker and Teller skill sets.
- Assure daily work is completed in a timely manner.
- Organize daily work to be immediately available to walk in customers.
- Set aside a specific number of hours each week for business development and plan work tasks accordingly.
- Contact a minimum of 10 customers each month for cross-sell opportunities or other customer service opportunities.
- Contact 100% new accounts holders with follow-up thank-you/satisfaction correspondence.
- Basic math proficiency.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to utilize bank software effectively.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed sales skills (probing, supporting, overcoming objections, closing).
- Ability to remain calm, friendly and professional.
- Creative problem solver.
- Time management skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Team player
BankFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer