This position is located at our Ord, NE branch.
What’s Important to You
We know your career is just one aspect of a meaningful, complex, and demanding life. That’s why we designed our compensation and benefits package to provide employees and their families with as much choice as possible.
Accrue and use your paid time off (PTO) immediately – no waiting period – plus paid federal holidays in addition to PTO.
Child Care Assistance Program for eligible dependent(s).
We prioritize wellness by offering eligible employees a monthly stipend, toward a fitness club membership or exercise-related classes.
The health and happiness of the places we call home matter to us. Learn a little more about what we do for the communities we serve and why we want YOU to be a part of it.
We encourage you to apply. Reach for what you want and tell us why your work ethic and willingness to learn make you a natural fit for #TeamFirstInterstate.
Responsible for daily teller transactions in both the lobby and drive-up locations of the branch. Responsible for the delivery of outstanding customer service and for developing and maintaining client relationships by recognizing referral opportunities for additional Retail products and other lines of business. This is an advanced position and employee typically has prior teller or cash handling experience of 1 year or more.
ESSENTIAL DUTITES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: other duties may be assigned.
- Process expected number of teller transactions or more daily using our current teller platform.
- Transactions include processing deposits, loan payments, mortgage payments, credit card payments, escrow payment, cash advances, check cashing, official check purchases, gift card sales, travel card sales, proof transactions, and the buying or selling of foreign currency.
- Responsible for the effective use of 360View including Activities, Incidents and Referrals to business partners. Referrals to other lines of business include Retail, Commercial, Payment services, Treasury, Wealth management and Home Loan departments.
- Responsible for recognizing the need to place holds according to Reg CC and bank policy and for following all proper check and cash handling standards.
- Mentors Teller I employees.
- Follows all check and proper cash handling standards. Meets or exceeds bank cash balancing standards.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job functions and applies to designated job responsibilities.
- Keeps up to date on regulation changes; follows all bank policies and procedures and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Embraces First Interstate Bank vision, mission, and values.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma or GED; Work experience in banking, finance, business, or related field 1 or more years.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attention to detail including verbal and written instructions; maintain confidentiality; effective use of tact and diplomacy as it relates to clients and co-workers; working knowledge and use of a personal computer, Word/Excel software programs and strong 10-key skills preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk & use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.