Home Health & Hospice Director
Career Opportunity Available!
Home Health & Hospice Director – Valley County Health System
Valley County Health System Home Health & Hospice department has an exciting opportunity available for a Home Health & Hospice Director to join our professional and dedicated healthcare team. This is a full-time, exempt position working 40 hours per week.
JOB SUMMARY: The Home Health & Hospice Director leads, monitors and maintains effective department operations in the area of ensuring effective and efficient department performance and high-quality service in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Valley County Health System. The Director reports directly to the CEO and will oversee the department and its operations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Nebraska
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is preferred
- Five years’ experience working in medical administration preferred
- Two years’ supervisory experience in home health and/or hospice is preferred
- Directs all aspects of department operations effectively and efficiently.
- Plans, directs and evaluates the nursing care delivery system according to standards.
- Performs employee relations functions effectively to promote a positive work environment, influence retention and enhance communication.
- Oversee programs relating to Home Health and Hospice Corporate Compliance and Quality Improvement plans, Medicare COP’s, customer service and satisfaction.
- Provides competent, safe and effective patient care.
- Recruits and develops a qualified and productive workforce.
- Manages departmental financial operations.
- Performs and maintains documentation.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes and ensures patient and staff safety in all aspects of responsibilities.